Mergers, acquisitions, restructure – the pace of change in today’s business world places huge pressure on teams and their leaders. You may have groups of people who are “out of orbit” from their team, confused, disorientated or under-performing. At Primeast we believe setting up teams for success is critical for the delivery of sustainable results.
Setting up the team for success
Whether the team is brand new or one created from a combination of other teams – investing in creating a high performing team from day one will repay the investment many times over.
Establishing high performance from the outset
We work with teams to develop a compelling vision for themselves that will also meet the expectations of the organisation. By getting team members to recognise their own talents and work out how these talents add value, we help them make value-adding commitments to use their talents more effectively for the benefit of the team.
- Performance rises steeply from the outset
- Sustained performance levels through improved working relationships
- Greater engagement
- Reduced conflicts and barriers to success
A typical event for new or merged teams includes:
- An event within 3 months of the teams formation, attended by all team members whether virtual/remote or co-located
- Social activity to increase ‘human’ interaction
- A partnership approach with the team leader to design of the event
- Off-site location with atmosphere or outdoor environment if appropriate
- High facilitator to participant ratio to create a ‘coaching’ environment
Experiential learning is central to the way Primeast works. Interactive exercises not only create a safe playground to try new things but also engender trust and mutual respect throughout the team. Each activity is followed up with a review to highlight points that will be helpful in the ‘real world’.
Where necessary we may use one of a range of diagnostic tools to facilitate team development such as our unique Talent Liberation feedback process, Belbin Team Roles, TMSDI, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator or the Cultural Transformation Tool.
At each stage Primeast facilitators work with the team to develop a focused team action plan to ensure that the journey to high performance becomes self-sustaining. A successful team event may also need to be followed by subsequent sessions to maintain momentum and create long term sustainability. This helps the newly formed or merged team learn how to manage itself, keep developing and keep performing. Ultimately we will step away and the team will be able to continue these sessions themselves.
To find out more, contact our offices directly, or email